Natgen Commercial Property Development Trusts
provide investors with the opportunity to access the potential returns usually only available to large-scale property development groups.
Essentially, investors in the trust stand in the shoes of the property developer, only with the advantage of having the Natgen development team with their experience and processes, by their side. We provide a complete development management service through the entire life cycle of the trust, including site identification, risk managed site acquisition, planning and budgeting, project delivery and divestment of the finished product.
For a modest outlay, you can invest in a Natgen Development Trust, developing assets such as industrial warehouses, self-storage facilities, retail showrooms or other specialty assets.
Short term “develop and sell” trusts will typically have a 1-to-2-year term.
Long term “develop and hold” trusts typically have a 5-to-8-year term.
Some of the benefits of investing in a Natgen Development Trust are:
- Access to development opportunities – we are constantly undertaking surveillance of the market to identify gaps and to match these gaps with qualified development sites.
- Development Expertise – The Natgen development team consists of industry professionals with decades of high-level property development experience.
- Australian Financial Services License – ensuring full compliance with managed investments and investor protection laws. Not all development investment opportunities meet these standards.
- Development Profits – the returns from Natgen Development Trusts aim to be higher than returns from more passive property investments. At the close of a trust term, any capital/development profits that have been achieved over the life of the fund will be distributed to unitholders.
- Non-recourse borrowing – Due to our size and structure we can borrow on advantageous terms. The Financier will have no recourse to any Investor personally or to the other assets of any Investor.
- Taxation Benefits – The Natgen trust structure allows investors to take advantage of the depreciation benefits available for commercial property, distributions will usually be fully or partially tax sheltered.
The three types of return from a Natgen Investment Trust
Cash income distributions – this is typically stated as an annual percentage return e.g., 8% p.a.
Taxation Benefits – the income distributions will attract a tax advantaged component*.
Capital Appreciation – any capital profits that have been achieved over the life of the fund will be distributed to unitholders.
It is important to consider all types of return when comparing Natgen investment trusts with other investment options. For example, cash deposits provide only one form of return, and that is the interest rate paid on the capital. There is no taxation efficiency and no prospect for capital growth.
The Natgen leadership team brings more than 80 years of combined experience in the provision of ASIC-regulated managed investments to the investing public in Australia. Through our trustee company – National & General Administration Pty Ltd – we hold Australian Financial Services License No. 522 835, which authorises us to advise on and operate wholesale managed investment schemes in a broad range of areas. We also hold authorisations to operate a custodial service for investor funds.
27 October 2023
Fund buys up on the Gold …
The Courier Mail
29 September 2023
Storage project ‘ideally located’ Brisbane property …
The Courier Mail
17 July 2023
Natgen settles $4.5M land acquisition at …
The Property Tribune
14 July 2023
Natgen in $4.5m purchase Brisbane property …
+ VIEW ALL